November 8, 2008

Oh, Deutschland...


For today's picture, I chose this one that I took of the "New" Town Hall in Hannover, Germany. I mainly chose it because I like it, but also because it makes me think of Germany. A few years ago, as I was getting my Master's Degree in German, I would have never imagined that I'd end up living in Central America.
But here I am. Don't get me wrong; I'm happy to be here, and I'm elated to be married to Angela. At the same time, though, I notice that I'm forgetting German slowly but surely, and probably a month or so ago, the total time I'd spent in Germany was eclipsed by the total time I've spent here in Costa Rica.
I guess it just goes to show you that no matter how much you try to plan your future, the future may have other plans for you.


365: Picture a Day Project    365 Leftovers    All My Pictures    Sitzbook

3 comments:

Serious Youth said...

ahhhh that damn rathaus. We drank many a bottle of wine there while look at that wonderful, Hilter built lake.

Anonymous said...

Hej Ryan,

ok, so wir sollten öfters mit einander Deutsch naja, reden können wir nicht, aber schreiben!
Besucht uns doch mal, dann werden
wir die ganze Zeit nur Deutsch sprechen!!!

Liebe Grüsse
Maj

Sitzman said...

Brad- Good times.
Maj- Das stimmt. Du weisst, dass wir sehr gerne dahin gehen würden. Jetzt hoffen wir, dass wir es endlich im August 2009 schaffen. Ich werde dir bald was schreiben...