September 17, 2006

Quickest PhD Ever...

It occurred to me recently that I am a Professor here in Costa Rica. Not like I have a PhD or anything, but in Spanish, the word for teacher is profesor. So I´m either Teacher Ryan or, better, Profesor Ryan. Which I like.
Back when I was living near Hannover, Germany in 98-99, some fellow exchange students dubbed me Professor. I think it all came about when we were at a Zoo one day, and I was the one that was able to decipher signs like "Elefant," "Bär," and "Delfin." Basically, I didn´t earn the title then, and I didn´t earn it now, either. But I still kind of like it. It´s good for a power trip.

365: Picture a Day Project    365 Leftovers    All My Pictures    Sitzbook

2 comments:

Pablo said...

The next step is to shorten that into a nickname, not so much the way that Sean "Puffy Daddy Diddy" Combs did, but more the way that Dr. J did. You could be a doctor...

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan, I know somebody who would like to get his PhD as fast as that!
Maj