April 6, 2008

Invisible Monster

It’s still pretty much “summer” here in Costa Rica, so that means that when you go down from the mountain, it’s pretty warm. I’ve been rolling down my car window about halfway, but it makes me nervous.

See, I once read this book called “Invisible Monsters” by Chuck Palahniuk, and it said something to the effect of how amazing it is that so many people who die in traffic accidents are beheaded due to having their car windows rolled halfway down. This idea is creepy, and I know that many people focus on it, at least jokingly, because my brother Paul warned my mom about it one time when we were driving on the highway.
But still: could it be true?


365: Picture a Day Project    365 Leftovers    All My Pictures    Sitzbook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still think about that every time. Maybe it's a blessing that my window is broken and won't roll down?

Paul