January 15, 2011

Weekly Picture Project: Week 1 (Architecture)

In addition to my Picture of the Day project, I've also started a new project with my aunt Kris and her friend Janey. Each week, we're supposed to take 1-3 pictures related to a specific subject. Then, we send them to each other for comments and feedback. I figured I'd also post mine to the blog, too, since some of them are different from the Pictures of the Day.

In any case, since we're doing this project alphabetically, the first topic was "Architecture." I was traveling a lot last week, so I decided to take some pictures of lighting in airports. Here are my pictures:

1: The lighting at Denver International Airport, our first stop on our way back to Costa Rica. We had a flight around midnight, so the evening lighting was cool to see on the terminal's canvas roof.

2: A corridor at Miami International Airport, where we had a five-hour layover. Did we choose Miami over Dallas because we hate to wake up early for the Dallas flight, and because Miami has Cuban sandwiches, to boot? Let's just say those pieces of knowledge didn't hurt Miami's chances.

3: "Home Sweet/Mildewy Home." The lights in San Jose, Costa Rica's Juan Santamaria International Airport. They look strangely similar to DIA's lights, in fact.

So, I'll post the pictures from our second week either tonight or tomorrow. And if you're anxious to see the Pictures of the Day--haha!--then "don't worry," they're up on flickr, and you can check them out whenever. I'll also try to put them up here on the blog as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading and looking!

365: Picture a Day Project    365 Leftovers    All My Pictures    Sitzbook

No comments: