May 1, 2012

More About Speaker Cars

I just put up a post on my Costa Rica Outsider page about Speaker Cars. If you don't know what they are, then read on.

In any case, on that page I included a great video of a speaker car that my buddy Dustin shot in 2009 (he shot the video, not the speaker car... unfortunately). I've been trying for the last few weeks to get a video of my own, but with little luck.

Yes, that's right, I've been lurking around Palmares and San Ramón intentionally trying to find advertising cars blaring their messages, but I've not been able to come across them or, when I did find one, I was up inside an office, driving in my car, or otherwise unable to record them. This is the best I got:


Mind you, this video is after a previous attempt where I waited for about 45 minutes at a street corner in hopes that a speaker car that had just passed by would return. In that time, I actually saw my father-in-law three different times, so I decided to go back in to the office. I didn't want him to think his son-in-law was the kind of creep who hangs out on street corners for 45 minutes. You don't know what a person like that is up to, but you do know he's up to no good.

Anyhow, check out the post. Enjoy. Hate. But at least check it out.

365: Picture a Day Project    365 Leftovers    All My Pictures    Sitzbook

No comments: