July 3, 2008

Catch-Up

Hi everyone. I’m not sure how things are where you are, but here they’re busy. The house is still progressing, but it’s in a stage where we need to make a lot more decisions about details, and decision making is a skill that neither Angela nor I possess. Also, I’ve been pretty busy at work, and had to work on Saturday. And this coming weekend, Angela and I are going away for a few days for our first anniversary. Man, how the time flies!

Finally, although the car accident was about 25 days ago, we’re still sorting out a lot of bullshit, this time mainly with the court, but also with the company that owns the truck that hit me, the driver, the state-run insurance company, the traffic cop that never turned in his report, the new clerk entering data at the San Ramón courthouse and, of course, the mechanic. It’s a veritable Baumkuchen of inefficiency, bureaucracy, and incompetence. On the upside, I’ve learned my lesson. Next time I get in a car accident, I should be sure to carefully record every single piece of data about the driver, and I should also be careful to take him hostage until the repairs are completed and paid for. So, sorry that I keep bitching about this, but it’s the main reason I’ve not been posting more crap lately.

What this all boils down to is this: once again, I’ll probably have to rely on these automatic postings that I’ve been setting up. However, I have the feeling that no one really notices, and probably no one sees the time stamp on each posting, and no one probably realizes that I’m not actually at the internet café at strange hours like 6 AM.

In the meantime, hope everyone is doing OK. Above is a picture of my car, so that you can marvel at the scant damage done, as compared to the amount of pissing and moaning I’ve been doing, as well as the repair costs and time involved.


365: Picture a Day Project    365 Leftovers    All My Pictures    Sitzbook

No comments: