March 22, 2011

Weekly Picture Project: Week 11 (K)

I believe that last week I joked that I might do this week's letter (K) in German. But the more I thought about it, the more it seemed like a good idea, since K is so common in German. In fact, when it comes to starting letters, K does most of the heavy lifting for C, since the only words that start with C in German are loan words from other languages.
But who cares? 
So, let's see what I came up with!

Picture 1: Kerze (Candle): This candle was a souvenir that Angela and I brought back from Munich, so it seemed especially relevant. 

Picture 2: Käse (Cheese): Here a girl (who only allowed me to take a picture of her hand) weighs some "palmito" cheese we bought at a roadside stand near Zarcero.

Picture 3: Kuh (Cow): A cow in Berlin (de San Ramon, not the real one).

Bonus Picture 4: Kleidung (Clothes): Some clothes drying on the line here in Berlin.

So, I know this doesn't have a lot of English K's; in fact, it's got none. But since I set out at the beginning of the week to find German K's, I hope we're cool (or at least kühl). In any case, maybe these pics helped you brush-up on your all-but-forgotten high school German. And to avoid making things too depressing, I didn't even include the definite articles!

Well, that's it for this week. Thanks for reading, and have a good one!

365: Picture a Day Project    365 Leftovers    All My Pictures    Sitzbook

No comments: