May 5, 2009

More Fake Bands

After my post a few days ago about my fake band Iffeldorf, I got a few more fake bands and albums from some friends. So, I decided to share them with everyone.

Here's the original that got me started from the band, Osnat Elkabir, fronted by my friend --and bandmate from another side project, Faded Sky Gods-- Annie. The album is called "statesmen and philosophers and divines":


Next up on the list is my friend Bus Drivin' Krista, who probably doesn't even drive buses anymore (but to be totally accurate, I don't either). Her group is called Heronina, and their newest album is entitled "For he shall never be disappointed." You can see the album cover below (the name of the group and album is only written on the spine of the CD case, of course:

It's definitely a solid effort, and after the whole band's group stint in rehab, the lyrics are less Emo, surprisingly, yet still life-affirming.

Next, we've got a married couple, my friends Dustin and Samantha. They have worked together on albums in the past, but they've decided to pursue solo careers to expand their own personal musical horizons a bit more. Rumor has it that Dustin was wanting to take the group in a more ABBA-pop direction, but Sam wanted to stick closer to their original thrash-metal roots. So from Sam's venture Downsouth, we get her debut solo album:


Powerful stuff. Speaking of powerful, Dustin's album cover picture is powerful... powerfully depressing. I give you Clozapine's debut, "First Requisite to Great Undertakings":

He says it's supposedly "medicine rock," but to me it just sounds like Counting Crows, but with an extra keyboard.

In any case, thanks for the submissions, guys! Happy fake listening!

365: Picture a Day Project    365 Leftovers    All My Pictures    Sitzbook

2 comments:

Annie said...

You have some talented friends!

Deuce said...

Thanks, Annie!

Deuce