October 13, 2010

A New Trend?

I just got to Guanacaste for my Wednesday class. Have a look at these alarming statistics from the drive in:

Sad Jesus Head Decals: 21
NON-SAD(!!) Jesus Head Decals: 3!

These "non-sad" decals can be best described as "Stoic Jesus Head," and it would seem they are new to the Jesus Head Decal scene, since I don't recall seeing them before. I would have taken a picture, but I was driving and everything.

In any case, fully 1 out of 7 Jesus Head Decals that I saw today didn't depict crying, bleeding, or a crown of thorns. Does that mean that people have stopped thinking, "Hmm, maybe there's something morbid about depicting my savior suffering the throes of his crucifixion and pasting it to the back of my big-rig truck"? It probably doesn't mean that, but it's an interesting trend that I'll be following in the weeks to come. As loyal readers of Sitzblog, you'll be the first to get the scoop!

365: Picture a Day Project    365 Leftovers    All My Pictures    Sitzbook

3 comments:

Dustin said...

Is that 3 factorial (3!)?? That'd be even more Non-Sad decals, then! Way to incorporate math into Sitzblog.

~Deuce

Sitzman said...

Sorry, I typed that wrong... it should be:

3!!

(double 3 factorial!)

Unknown said...

wow! maybe the sad heads themselves are mutating as we approach 2012...!!!! yes, a trend well worth documenting....