February 19, 2011

An A-Z of the Things I Love

As I mentioned the other day, Lucy's having an international picture competition. The topic is "An A-Z of the Things I Love." She actually just extended the deadline to Monday, but since I was just using my old pictures (which is allowed), I decided to put them up now, since I've already got them ready.

So, all of these are pictures that I took in the past. I wish I'd had more time this week to do an all-new A-Z, but I didn't. You may have seen some of these, or you may not have. Either way, I hope there's something you like!


A: Angela (Taken in Lisbon, Portugal in 2010)


B: Books in Berlin (Taken in Berlin --the real one-- in 2006)


C: Coffee (Taken in Salzburg, Austria in 2010)


D: Docks (Taken at Steinhuder Meer, Germany in 2010)


E: Eggs (Taken in Hannover, Germany in 2010... and almost used for the letter "X," since that's how my students pronounce the word "eggs.")


F: Fields (Taken in eastern Washington in 2005)


G: Guns N' Roses (Taken in Sintra, Portugal in 2010)


H: Hannover (Taken in Hannover, Germany in 2005)


I: Ice Cream (Taken at Steinhuder Meer, Germany in 2010)


J: Jumping (Taken in Berlin, Germany in 2010)


K: Kids Who Aren't Mine (Taken in Hannover, Germany in 2010)


L: Llamas (Taken near Humahuaca, Argentina in 2006)


M: My Mom, and My Mom's Mom (Taken in Littleton, Colorado in 2010. Originally, I had put up a picture of the Little Mermaid, since I thought I didn't have any pictures that I had taken of my mom recently, with the exception of one I took of her eating a Döner Kebab in Switzerland in 2006. But then I remembered I had taken this picture!)


N: Nyhavn/New Harbor (Taken in Copenhagen, Denmark in 2005)


O: Old Folks Hanging Out (Taken in San Antonio, Argentina in 2006)


P: Paintings in Portugal (Taken in Lisbon, Portugal in 2010)


Q: Quixote (Taken in Madrid, Spain in 2010)


R: Regensburg (Taken in Regensburg, Germany in 2010)


S: Sweet Swedes (Taken in Regensburg, Germany in 2010)


T: Train Tunnels (Taken in Munich, Germany in 2010)


U: Urinals (Taken in Copenhagen, Denmark in 2005)


V: The Virgin Mary (Taken in Berlin, Costa Rica in 2007)


W: Windmills (Taken in Copenhagen, Denmark in 2005)


X: Xylophones (Taken in Liberia, Costa Rica in 2010)


Y: Yuan (Taken in Munich, Germany in 2010)


Z: Zocalo (Taken in the Zocalo --it's a word in English, too; I checked!-- in Mexico City in 2008)

Well, that's my A-Z. I tried to keep the descriptions short and sweet, but if you have any questions, feel free to mention them in the comments section. Thanks for reading and looking, and remember: it's not too late to get in your own A-Z of things you love!

365: Picture a Day Project    365 Leftovers    All My Pictures    Sitzbook

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! excellent - and VERY international - set! i was relieved to see a COSTA RICA at the end there.

and - if that's the REAL berlin, what's going on with 'fake' berlin?

thanks for participating!

Sitzman said...

@Lucy - Wow, you're right, I hadn't noticed they were so international when I was putting my list together. I'll be interested to see everyone else's entries!
Also, the Berlin here isn't necessarily fake, since it exists... it's more of an impostor.