March 12, 2010

Picture of the Day Catch-Up, March 4-11, 2010

It's been a busy week or so, involving a lot of shoveling and swearing, so I've not posted in a while. Let's get caught up!

March 4th, 2010: Here are some guineos, which are sort of like hard little bananas. We cut them from a tree in our yard, and Angela made them into a cevice. Here's how to cook them.

March 5th, 2010: I've been working a lot in the yard while we have nice weather. I've also been gradually doing small projects to bring the "Crappy Casita" up to par, and make it less crappy. On this day I was putting a bit of primer on some of the new wood. This is the back door.

March 6th, 2010: I discovered a while ago that when you put your ipod on shuffle, it doesn't actually seem that random. In fact, I liked the song mix a lot more when I played the songs alphabetically. Technically, when you have a lot of songs in a row --all beginning with "Only...," for example-- then it's not really random, but it does make for a better and more interesting mix. Try it out!

March 7th, 2010: These are my "Smart Guy Glasses," which are actually construction goggles. They do make me look like a huge nerd, though. I've never had to use glasses, so this way I can vicariously live the life of a vision-impaired person.
I was using them today to keep chunks of cement out of my eyes while I was banging cinder blocks with a huge pickaxe.
Destruction can be fun.

March 8th, 2010: We'd been meaning to get a gate for a while, but after the local loser tried to steal our internet antenna, we were a bit more motivated to put one in. Plus, the empty columns in the front of our yard had looked pretty stupid the last year or so. So, a guy named Francisco from down the hill came and built us a gate, with the help of Eduardo (in the white hat).

March 9th, 2010: A very beautiful day in Berlín de San Ramón.

March 10, 2010: A closet door in Angela's office. It used to be a really cheap, gaudy color, but now, after my full weekend of painting a year ago, it's just merely ugly.

March 11, 2010: Our backup cat Chubby got neutered yesterday. Angela tried to make a cone for him out of a file folder, but he ripped it off in a matter of minutes.

So, that's it for now. Remember, there are always more pictures, including some interesting leftovers, that you can check out by following the links below. In the meantime, thanks for reading, and have a great day!

365: Picture a Day Project    365 Leftovers    All My Pictures    Sitzbook

2 comments:

Paul said...

Oh yeah, I was gonna tell you: They sell smart guy glasses for $10 at Hot Topic now. I don't know why I needed to tell you that, but I did. It makes me a little sad in a way, that just any schmuck that walks into Hot Topic can act like a smart guy. Or maybe that's the point...

Sitzman said...

Freaking Hot Topic, taking all the risk out of shopping...
I had to get mine the old-fashioned, hard way: at the Farm Co-op!