December 13, 2009

Picture of the Day, December 13, 2009

This Picture of the Day is fairly self-explanatory. It's the rooster at Angela's folks' house, strutting around like it's Cock of the Walk. Angela's dad was telling me that the rooster is kind of bored since there are no other animals around, and I guess that's why I later saw it roosting high in a tree at 4:00 in the afternoon.

This rooster looks kind of charming, actually, but in truth roosters pretty much suck. Especially in Berlin, there are few more annoying animals (obviously, the dogs that howl and bark continually take the cake in that competition). And for anyone who's only seen roosters in movies and cartoons, it's definitely a fallacy that they only crow at dawn. This particular rooster seems quite content to not shut the hell up the whole day long...

And wow, I just used the word "rooster" or "roost" 9 times, including the two in this sentence! Looks like it's time for a thesaurus for Farmer Sitzman!

365: Picture a Day Project    365 Leftovers    All My Pictures    Sitzbook

3 comments:

Roxana said...

We call them 'cockerels', if that helps?

Anyway, he's absolutely lovely, if noisy and suffering ennui.

Angie said...

Oh, I hate those damn noise machines! That's probably the worst part of camping or staying in "cabinas" while in the mountain.

Sitzman said...

Roxana,
I suppose it would help if they spoke in muted tones and drank tea, but I suppose that English roosters are loud and annoying, too.

Angie,
Correct me on my etymology if I'm wrong, but isn't "cabina" Spanish for "shack"?