February 5, 2010

Picture of the Day, February 4, 2010

A bull wandered into our yard yesterday and was eating our grass. I had to chase it away with a broom (it's the dry season, after all, and I also didn't want to deal with a bunch of cow crap when I cut the grass). This kind of thing happens quite frequently here, so even though it's not the best picture, it's still a good representative for Costa Rica today, so I decided on it for Picture of the Day:

Once again, I realize that this isn't a political picture, per se, unless you consider that most of what politicians say is bullshit. At least we can find a slight connection there...

Also: Ring Power! Sometime this week--either the 5th or 6th, we think--is our legal anniversary. I know it's either my friend Mike's birthday or the day AFTER my friend Mike's birthday. To celebrate, we went out to dinner:

We went to a Chinese restaurant in Palmares. I took this because for some reason, every Chinese restaurant I've been to in Costa Rica serves these freaking slices of unadorned white bread! Even when you get carry-out, they still stack 6 or 7 pieces of bread on top of the containers in the bag.
It's quite perplexing.

So, thanks for reading, and have a good day!

365: Picture a Day Project    365 Leftovers    All My Pictures    Sitzbook

2 comments:

M said...

I didn't even know they had bread in China.

Sitzman said...

Yep, Brecht struggled with this issue when writing "Der Gute Mensch von Sezuan." The big question while writing it was "Brot und Milch oder Reis und Tee?"
See how that carries over into modern Costa Rica?